I’ve just been introduced to a new (well, new to me, anyway) online game of meme tagging, sort of like “it” for bloggers (or perhaps more like a chain letter, but this one doesn’t warn against dire consequences for breaking the chain).
So here’s the chain of events. I found out that I’ve been tagged Tony at AstronomyBuff for “The Four Score Meme” who was tagged by Astroprof for “The Four Score Meme” who was tagged by Thoughts from the Waiting Room for “Four Things” (but titled “Four score”) who was tagged by Seeking Academia for “The Four Things Meme” who was tagged by Dr. Brazen Hussey at ‘What the Hell is Wrong With You’ for the “Four Things Meme” who was tagged by Lost Clown at ‘Angry for a Reason’ for the “4 Things meme” who was tagged by ‘I See Invisible People’ for the “Four things meme” who was tagged by the Constant Observer for the “Four Things” meme who was tagged by WriterJax for the “Fantastic Four” meme which is where I lost the trail.
So it’s interesting to see where the chain has been and how it has changed during its travels through the blogosphere.
Four Things Meme:
Four jobs I have had in my life:
- Information Systems Manager
- Database Programmer
- Computer Hardware Technician
- Vending Machine refiller (it paid the bills)
Four places that I have lived:
- Gilroy, California
- Fremont, California
- Hayward, California
- Santa Clara, California (no, I’ve never lived outside California)
Four favorite Foods:
- Steak, freshly grilled, as rare as I can get it with nothing on it.
- Japanese “Teppan-Yaki”, light on the sauces, heavy on the rice.
- Pasta, with little or no sauce.
- Rainbow trout, fresh caught, cooked in a cast iron skillet over the camp fire.
Four places I’d rather be:
- Fremont Peak with 50 or more guests waiting to see Saturn.
- In my home workshop, completing one of the dozen or so uncompleted projects I’ve got.
- In my home workshop, making a telescope I’m designing (after I finish the other projects)
Four Movies I can watch again and again:
- Apollo 13
- To Kill a Mocking Bird
- The Gallant Hours
- Saving Private Ryan
Four TV shows I like to watch:
- Dr Who (The original series, but I like the new ones too)
- The Outer Limits
- Stargate SG1
- Good science programming (not crap pseudoscience like ‘bermuda triangle mystery’ stuff)
Four websites I visit daily:
- Universe Today
Four computers I have owned:
- Acer I bought and maxed out for my wife to do video on
- “Hudson Special” (i.e., I built it out of spare parts)
- TRS-80 (The “Trash 80”, a Tandy 8086 with FOUR KILOBYTES of RAM, whoo hoo!)
- Morrow MD4 (a Z-80 processor, and TWO KILOBYTES of RAM and the CP/M Operating System! Yee Haw!)
Four people to tag:
(this is the hard part, who do I bug with this?)